Saturday, April 27, 2013

Who do I think I am - Raw Feelings


Okay, so I've been reflecting lately on some of my posts on Facebook and th ings I say to people since my transition. I have SOO much passion that is almost seems too much for me to handle at times. I really try to hold back but it is so hard now that my eyes are opened.

My Fear
I am coming across as someone who thinks she is better than everyone else
Someone who has only been at this for 1 month what does she know
Someone who looks down on those that have not changed.

Friends, THIS IS NOT MY INTENTION AT ALL.

I am:
Someone who cares deeply and hurts with you
Someone who knows EXACTLY how you feel and how hard this is
Someone who wants you to care enough for yourself to not stay the same
Someone who desires better for you
Someone who wants you to be excited about being healthy

Learning:
Those around me will not change unless they want to
I could SCREAM from the rooftops but it takes them to take that step

I will:
Continue to show by example that it is possible
Continue to love others through their trials
Continue to put information out there that I think might be helpful

I was confiding in Andrew about this and then he said, "I know exactly how you feel. That has been my world for the past 10 years when I've tried to get you to eat healthier, and exercise. I had to back off and let you make your decisions. It wasn't until I did that that you decided to change." MAJOR wake up call. I get it. Those around me will not change unless something in them decides to. Got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment