Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston Tragedy

Seriously, this Boston Marathon tragedy hits SOOO close to home. I can't even count the number of races I've spectated. Every one, I walk away with a new form of inspiration, never felt before. Whether it be the joy of watching an 80 year old cross for the finish line for his 50th marathon, or a couple holding hands crossing. I never walk away thinking, wow, really wish I wasn't here. I think about the girls and I, waiting anxiously for daddy, eager to see him cross....This tragedy just SCREAMS the opposite of what races are supposed to represent. 

Dear Terrorists: I will NOT stop spectating races. I will NOT stop participating in races. I will NOT be afraid. I WILL live my life. I WILL support the racing community. I WILL cheer others on who are trying to better themselves and their lives.

This day is sooooo sad. So very sad. Still praying.......

No comments:

Post a Comment